Friday, October 10, 2014

The Dark Sword of Justice

This was taken several years ago at the chapel on the campus of the University of Chicago, while visiting a friend at his book signing. He was a very gentle man, and a Gentleman of historic Virginia's Southern Aristocracy. A kind man and a poet, I may post the "Signing" at a later date, though image is nothing special, except to me. This image, however, cried out to me, the bright colors needed the blacks of the shadows of the history of this period of Christianity, so I put them there.

I and Catholicism, don't really see eye to eye, being the longest lived Corporation, with no laws, except their own, governing them, they have done and gathered the wealth of a world. They will tell no one what they have, how much of it they have, but we all know how they got it, for most of the 1,400 or so years of its existence. Sorry to any of you who may see this who are of that sect, it is nothing personal against the current "Mother Church" but this image cried out for darkness.


5 comments:

  1. Nice… Light very well controlled, which is not easy in this kind of settings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Roger, it was an image that just cried to me, I could not leave it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Church glass, my nightmare. So beautiful to see, so hard to photograph. You managed to get a picture with the beautiful light enhanced by the somber rocks in in the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one. The power of your photography never ceases to amaze me, such amazing talent! I lean toward agreeing with you about the Catholic church too, as an institution, though of course there are many fine individuals practicing Catholicism, including the current Pope, a man I respect and admire for his progressive thinking. :7)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are many people who are Catholics that are ver excellent people, it is the institution that I have issues with.
      Thank you very much for the comment/compliment!

      Delete

Feel free to comment on the image or my comments about my image.