Thursday, November 27, 2014

Two Cultures #2

Well, I though I would post some traditional Portraiture, it is not something I regularly do, but since I now have all the lights to do it correctly, I thought I would get some opinions/critiques.

This is XXX, she lived in the same building as we did/do, and I asked her one day if she had any traditional Chinese clothing with her here, and if so would she be willing to sit for me and let me try my lights out on her. She did not have any Chinese clothing but she had a Korean friend who had a nice dress that would fit her and she would see if she could get that dress.

I was blown away, it was beautiful: deep colors, delicate embroidery, and looked so good on her. So I set up one light with a black backdrop on my front porch with the sun behind her and only reflected light as fill. I was pleased with the outcome, and I hope you enjoy these two images.

James Longster, © 2014

At Ease

2 comments:

  1. I like the graceful line of the scarf on the dress, and the richness of the draping folds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress does make the shot, but the way she is looking at the camera, she is owning it. It took about 150 shots before she got comfortable enough to be THE model. She made it, the shot that is. Funny though Chinese woman, in a Traditional Korean dress, be no one except another Korean or Chinese would know the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on the image or my comments about my image.