Monday, August 20, 2018

Will I eat in Time?

Well after Rogers challenge to post an image for our latest escapade, I decided to go ahead and post one of my better images of that day/s adventuring.

This is of course a female Mosquito, the eyes of which are very,Very had to get, without cheating, anesthetizing, or killing then shooting. I saw this one hanging under this leaf, and for some reason I had all my paraphernalia ready to go, in the time my flash could fire recharge and fire again, she had detected my CO2 and came right after me. She had not yet gotten her load of blood for egg production. I had no intent of filling the role of donor for her.

When Roger and I saw the back of the camera, and saw that at 100% we could see the facets we could not believe it. Mosquitos have some of the smallest eyes for body size I have seen in the insect world. Roger will be quick to point out how lucky I was to have everything line up as needed, at the time it was needed, I agree.

Jim

James Longster, © 2018

Will I eat in time?

2 comments:

Feel free to comment on the image or my comments about my image.