Friday, August 24, 2018

Blue on Blue

This is the second of my, bug eyes posts. Once again it is a Damselfly and a Blue one at that, but this one has its eyes in good focus and he was 90deg to me so all of him is in focus. This image is for the eyes, as the pixel dimensions are larger than most screens can handle.

This is one of my best Damselflies so far, though the background is less than interesting. The “EYE” is the test so far of whether or not we go an acceptable shot or not.

I think that my next step after I have gotten all the bug eyes I want (will never happen), will be Focus Stacking. A WHOLE nother world, and MUCH harder, because most bugs don’t sit still long enough to get the number of different DOF(depth of field) shots to stack. We do some of this already, when we are sure that we have gotten the eyes, and conditions do allow for multiple shots at different DoFs.

Jim

James Longster, © 2018

Blue, on blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the image or my comments about my image.