Monday, February 15, 2016

A Room For Art

Back in 2005, my wife and I were staying a an Artists and Writers retreat in the Berkshire Mts of Western Mass, in a little town called Ashfield. A very rare and different kind of place, around 4 or so in the afternoon 5-6 Harley-Davidsons would roar into town, and at 11P.M. they would putt quietly out of town. But all that has little to do with this image.

What it had to do with, was that we were in Mass, and one of my wife’s school friends lived in Worcester, Mass and this is her front room of the time. It was a bright day and I was using my 20D with no tripod, it seems that that is my standard affaire, Roger Gauthier would agree I think. But with some manipulation I came up with a usable image, as a treatment all I did was B&W mask and let the colored layer come through where I wanted it to.

Oh, yea, and it’s dark.

Jim

James Longster, © 2014

A room for the Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the image or my comments about my image.