Thursday, January 29, 2015

In the Mountains of New York

My indulgent wife and I were returning from Quebec QC, and we decided to take the extra time it would take to drive right on through the middle of the Adirondacks of NY. It was beautiful, there was enough blue in the sky to make it not a total bust. So we did it, and took the extra 2 hours in stride.

This is Whiteface Mt. as seen from its Western side, we are probable about 7-10 miles from it, and maybe about 2 hours from Aplineglow at this point (too bad I missed that,) I could only get the shot from this very busy little clear spot, while dodging cars I shot like a mad man. I got this one and it is so-so, no tripod (the bane of this trip “photographically”,) But I worked on it in Raw, and then played with it in Tonemapping. Till I got this shot.

P.S. Note to self: When going to visit with a good Pro-Photographer don’t forget the “shoe” for your tripod, kinda takes the “Pro” out of Professional Photographer.

James Longster, © 2014

Whiteface Mt. Adirondacks

2 comments:

  1. No shoe == no tripod, right? So I'm asking myself, if you were intent on not bringing this freaking shoe, WHY DID YOU BRING THE TRIPOD FOR HEAVENS SAKE?

    OK, let's be serious now. Granted, light was far from ideal, this is why your foreground seems kinda flat. But all in all, it's a nice shot, well composed. I wonder what's on top of that mountain…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a ski resort, Lake Placid is somewhere down in there too.

      Delete

Feel free to comment on the image or my comments about my image.