Thursday, November 27, 2014

Two Cultures #1

This is the second in the XXX series, as I said, pretty traditional, but still pleasing to my eye. It was interesting and a bit rough fighting the extra light and finding the location where the shadow fell like I wanted them to, but I am satisfied.

This is more my traditional use of large dark spaces, most people will/would prefer that most of the black be cropped out, and I can see why, this use of large dark spaces is traditionally considered a waist of space, but to me, it adds something, something I cannot quite define, but it adds to the image for me. I would be using a lot of black ink in printing, but hey, it's just ink.

I will be interested in the comments on this one, this is NOT a traditional Portrait, so let me know if you do feel there is too much black, but please tell me your reason.

James Longster, © 2014

Here's looking at you

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how you photographers make us beautiful, with our perfect skin, our soulful eyes, our delicate stray hair… If only we could remain as beautiful in real life as you made us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH Helene, time touches you not. Me, however he has been using a hammer on lol.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on the image or my comments about my image.