Sunday, August 21, 2016

Subject Matter:

That is the question, what is the subject here, the leaf, or the bug? I could have made the bug stand out more, but I think I like the confusion. It was completely lit from underneath the leaf with my 580EX off camera, of course. Some people will think I didn’t do a good job on the bug, when I meant it to be a questionable image. It is questionable since most shots of bugs are obviously intended to be, well bug shots. This one is more open to interpretation. The leafs is bright and detailed and the bug is less so, unless viewed at 100%, but you are not seeing that. This is a full frame shot, just reduced to 2400x1600px. It was fun to play with, and is an interesting if not perfect image.

I may remove that post in the future, if I become less pleased with it. I do have a traditional bug shot of this baby. But it is not really an interesting bug, the leaf underlit was. So I guess it is up to you, good , bad, or just not well done.

James Longster, © 2014

Subject Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the image or my comments about my image.