Saturday, August 20, 2016

Aracnide Transparency

Well, I am continuing with my experimentation with my new equipment, and my off camera flashing for macro work. This Spider was, I thought, a cast off chitin shell from a molt, until it started moving. I got pretty busy then, as it was about to start raining (I got an alert from my phone). This is once again a hand head flash macro shot, I am finding that dealing with the flash, focus, and camera angle would do an octopus credit.

The last post and this post were both shot at the same place: The “Celery Bog”, the last remnants of a huge inland wetlands that used to cover about four counties North of Lafayette, IN. This wetlands has about 200 recorded bird species that have been spotted there, unfortunately with my largest lens being a 200mm I have not been able to get any really good shots of these birds,

Bugs and flowers, now that is a different tail. Plenty of all of those. I saw today the largest Mantis I have ever seen, 100% of my sensor at 3 feet with a 100mm macro, but he/she was losing so fast from plant to plant and the wind was buffeting the plant life so badly that I never did get a good shot of it . . . . DAMN.

So here is the spider I caught, for your enjoyment, or not, personally i like spiders, as long as they stay outside! Not my idea of an Ideal bed mate, if you get my drift . . . .

James Longster, © 2014

Aracnide Transparency

1 comment:

  1. A true-to-form James Longster photograph as far as the treatment of light is concerned. Quite unusual, and beautiful. And for once, this thingy doesn't seem ugly at all. Very good.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on the image or my comments about my image.