Saturday, April 23, 2016

Pure Digital: Colors17

I have resisted posting any of my Digital art up to this point on this blog, just because they were not of a Photographic nature, no camera involved, but at the request of one of my friends I am relenting on this rule just to punish the people that want to see the one I am going to put up.

This image is called simply “Colors17” the other versions carry the name “colors17.x.x, depending on where they were in the process. I am not completely sure that I am done with the “17” series or not, we shall see.

This image is currently out to “Image Wizards” being printed, using the Aluminum Dye Sublimation process, and should be here by 4/29/2016. I am truly excited!

James Longster, © 2014

Digital Art: Colors17

2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting study in colours and forms. It seems to me to be much more luminous than the original version I've seen years ago. Am I right?

    IMHO, this is about right for printing. Darker than that, and you would have lost some of the effect. I may be wrong, and that would be interesting to see at least another print, one of a darker version I mean.

    I'm giving you an A+ on this one. I will try to explain about your printing method in a new facebook post, as a supplement to the info you already gave us. My own post may seem a bit controversial…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This ,should be for all intents and purposes, the same image you say some years ago. I did have to convert it to Adobe 1968 (color space) because that is what "Image Wizards" uses in their printing process. So I did that, found I needed to adjust nothing and sent it to them.

      Delete

Feel free to comment on the image or my comments about my image.